Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

Another quick question on the wiring harness on the 3000GT

Customer Question

Another quick question on the wiring harness on the 3000GT vs Stealth. I am still trying to get the 3000GT to act like the Stealth. I got a Stealth tail light harness and the Stealth harness does not have a yellow turn signal wire. I would assume from that, there is something before that in the wiring that tells the bulbs to either run at running light, brake or blink for turn. Can you take a look at this video?https://www.dropbox.com/s/xech0qk1apqytju/2016-02-13%2015.13.14.mov?dl=0
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 9 months ago.

It still comes down to if the vehicle uses a single flasher relay or a combination turn signal unit. The combination turn signal unit is what determines the shared bulbs function.

What year is this harness from that hasthe yellow wire?

Expert:  Doug replied 9 months ago.

It looks like the difference between a shared brake/signal tail light and a dedicated brake bulb isolated from the signals (probably base model rear end).