Jake
Jake, Automotive Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

What other crankshaft sensors are compatable with 420a? It's

Customer Question

What other crankshaft sensors are compatable with 420a? It's not stok OEM cause I ordered stock and they are not the same.
Category: Mitsubishi
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The connections do not match
Expert:  Jake replied 11 months ago.

Actually the connector for the crank sensor was revised. All 95-96 year models used a different style connector then the 97-99 model years.

When you buy a new OEM crank sensor it comes with the new REVISED pigtail connector for years 97-99.

Expert:  Jake replied 11 months ago.

So if you DID NOT notify the dealer of your year model and did not get the pigtail as well. You simply need to order the new pigtail.

if you don't have a dealer nearby, go to your local NAPA store: ECH EC235

Expert:  Jake replied 11 months ago.

If you need anything else let me know, if not just be sure to leave a kind rating so the site credits me for my time.

Thanks again.

Expert:  Jake replied 11 months ago.

Thanks again.