Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have an electical issue with my 2002 mitsubishi lancer. I

Customer Question

I have an electical issue with my 2002 mitsubishi lancer. I have replace my cigarette lighter component and shorted something. My cigarette lighter, car radio, clock, window controls and locking mechanism stop working everything else works fine. My dad took it to a friend of his and rigged something up what they did was attach a 14 gage wire from the dome light No. 18 to the cigarette lighter No. 9 in the passenger compartment fuse location. Now everything works only when i have the key in the ignition in the accessories postion. Also every time i turn the car off my radios memory, clock, and trip meter resets itself.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 10 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

First off we need to undo all the wiring that was changed so we can correctly diagnose this, can you do that?

So you shorted the power wire on the lighter to ground, correct?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** shorted this wire to ground, all that should of happened is fuse 9 under the dash should of blown. Was it blown, did a new fuse blow once installed after the repair? Is the black wire to the lighter showing no resistance to ground? Is the brown wire showing battery voltage?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 9 months ago.

I like to stay in contact with my customers. I assume you were not pleased with me or my answer since you did not rate it leaving me feedback. Just so you know we can still work on this issue. We can pick up where we left off or start over. I hate you paid all that money for your question deposit and have left not satisfied. Would any diagrams or repair guides or a phone call help?.

Thanks Chris