FixItMan
FixItMan, Master Technician
Experience:  AA DEGREE AUTOMOTIVE/DIESEL TECH
1627031

Chellie ***** *****: Our 2011 endeavor shakes in third and

Customer Question

Chellie ***** *****: Our 2011 endeavor shakes in third and fourth gear at /between 1600 qne 2000rpm. what is wrong?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the shaking occurs when accelerating, It seems reluctant to down shift into third gear. This does not occur if I switch to simulated manual shift.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mitsubishi Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  FixItMan replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. Can you tell me the problem stops right when you release the accelerator pedal? Is the check engine light on?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello Bobby, Check engine light is off. No, it does not stop when I take my foot off acceleratetor. It does not occur when engine and transmission is cold - as in first leaving our driveway - only after they warm up.
I thought at first the "stuttering" effect was due to roughed up pavement due to trucks stopping but, alas, it happens on newly paved surfaces too. As I said in my original post, it seems to happen when the transmission should be down shifting into third gear. Customer

Thank you. It sounds like it may be worn out engine mounts or it is a programming problem. When the programming needs to be updated this will occur.