Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

Im ***** ***** 2000 mitsubishi diamante I would like to c a

Customer Question

hi Im ***** ***** 2000 mitsubishi diamante I would like to c a exploded view of fuel connections around the fuel pump an line goin out
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I didnt take it apart so Im havin trouble putin it back together the pump is a delphi mod feo415 there r extra parts ?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mitsubishi Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

Are you referring to the internal pump connections or external (like on top of the tank etc)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On top of the tank
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

Thanks.

On a 2000 you should have just a quick connect fitting for the line, an electrical connector for the pump motor and an electrical connector for the pressure sensor.
What is the issue you are running into?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fuel line does it slide on an lock in or do I have to use the tool like to remove it
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

There are three different designs that Mitsubishi uses on these fuel lines... none require a special tool, but each comes off slightly differently.
There is one style with two fairly obvious looking tabs protruding out the end. With these squeezed together, the line pulls off (leaving the tabs on the pipe).
One style has also fairly obvious square buttons on either side. With these squeezed in the line will pull off (nothing is left on the pipe).
The last and most difficult will have a different color "tab" across the top. This is a U shaped lock that must be pried upward to release from the pipe, then the hose pulled off.

If you are unsure which you have, you can take a photo for me and I can check it out.

Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

I'm trying to locate some photos to help illustrate each type.
Attached is the first style I described with the tabs that remain on the line.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thank u I will go check it out the car is not at my house will get back to u if needed
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

Here is the second style with the square buttons

Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

And here is the last style with the U clip to pry out to release (blue in the picture, Mitsubishi ones are usually grey or off-white though).

No problem at all... again if you find it appears different just snap a photo for me to check out, being a 2000 it should be one of the above though.