Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

I'm ***** *****. I was driving home last night in my 94

Customer Question

Hi there I'm ***** *****. I was driving home last night in my 94 Mitsubishi Galant when it started to shake pretty bad and then wound up dying on me. I'm hoping this won't be a severely expensive fix and trying to find out more information.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I've been having problems with my car starting, but eventually it always would. Recently I needed to take it for an oil change but just never found the time. Then my car started shaking while i was driving. It would get worse when I was idling, until finally it just died while i was driving
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mitsubishi Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 10 months ago.

Does the engine crank when you turn the key?
If yes, does it sound any different from usual?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sometimes it takes a few seconds to actually turn over and sometimes it squeals. Other times it won't start for a couple minutes.
Expert:  Doug replied 10 months ago.

So will it actually start sometimes still, or has that condition passed and it no longer starts?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It just died on me last night, i'm currently trying to find a way to get to it to see if it will start. However up until this point it would usually start, most times without much of an issue
Expert:  Doug replied 10 months ago.

Thanks.

Take the oil cap off and have a helper crank the engine while you watch in the oil fill hole; do you see movement inside the fill opening when the engine is cranking?