Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a Eclipse Spyder 2003
, The car throws up MAF

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Doug! My name is***** have a Eclipse Spyder 2003
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The car throws up MAF code with P0102 Mass or Volume Air Flow A Ckt Low Connected with a diagnosis tool borrowed from a Friend and the MAF reading with engine on is 0 g/s When I fiddled around with the cable or pressed on the MAF, there is a sensible reading and it increases appropriately when I press on the gas
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mitsubishi Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yup, I can certainly wait...
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 10 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). All experts are independent contractors here at Just Answer none are employees, we do not get a paycheck or benefits from JA. We work for the customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

If I am understanding correct you can mess with the MAF wiring or connector or sensor and change the readings your getting or the engine performance. If that is the case, then if its the wiring or connect then you have damaged wires in the harness or corroded or loose pins in the connector needing to be fixed. If its the MAF your pressing on to change the readings then the MAF is faulty.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I only receive a portion of your deposit when you rate. If you do not rate or rate bad, the website keeps all of the deposit you have already paid.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Chris,Thanks for your response. I can wiggle the connector and change the readings or also press on the MAF and change the readings. I put on a new MAF and the problem persisted. But I do not see any visual damage on the connector nor can I see any loose connections. It seems to fit very well on the MAF. Seems like the connector, but not everything makes sense.Any suggestions on how to diagnose?

Try accessing each wire at the back of the connector, and slightly wiggle each without moving the MAF. If you get a change then look into a wire making poor contact with the pins in the connector.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you! Will try this tomorrow and let you know how it goes. Thanks!

Super

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off. I am also sending an offer allowing me to upload diagrams or repair guides if that helps.

Thanks Chris