Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

Greg, Pajero got hot yeaterday - cooland went from radiator

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Greg, Pajero got hot yeaterday - cooland went from radiator to overflow bottle OK. But didnt suck back as engine cooled.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: what more datails do you need
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mitsubishi Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: 3.2 turbo dielel. yesterday towing van, hot day up clude mountain. Engine lost power and went about 3/4 hot per the guage at same time. On top of Clude Mtn, all went back to normal. Checked t a few times on way home to Camberra. Coolant overflow bottle was filled almost to top. But when engine copoled, nothing flowed back to radiator. Checked again this moirnijng - overflow bottle still full and radiator not full. I syphoned out of overflow bottle to radiator.
Category: Mitsubishi
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i do not want a monthly account. Have I signed up for one inadvertantly?
Expert:  Greg replied 10 months ago.

Hi .

Sorry got to you a little late just got your question .

If the system is not sucking back the coolant test the radiator cap ,

Is the coolant still a nice clean colour or is it dark brown with rust like colour .

Greg