Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

I drive a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS and basically my turn

Customer Question

I drive a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS and basically my turn signals and the hazards don't work. All the other lights work and the bulbs are fine. I replaced the flasher relay but they still don't work. The only thing I can do now is buy a new turn signal switch but I don't think the switch is the problem because it still clicks and when hit the switch it still goes back like it would when the signals work. I don't know what to do.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

Hello, little confused, what did you change? this car does not have a flasher relay at all. it is all computer controlled, is this a 2003 or not? thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Then I don't know what I changed. It was a relay inside the panel below the steering wheel. It was just under and too the left of the steering wheel behind a metal panel. On the door it says 2002 but on the title it says 2003.
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

I am going to opt out, another expert should be long soon to help

Expert:  Doug replied 11 months ago.

Before doing anything else, go to the under hood fuse panel and locate the two IOD fuses, which are the ones that are held captive in the small yellow plastic holder. Pull the holder up firmly while wiggling it and it will release. Once removed, use needle nose pliers to remove the fuses for inspection.... you are nearly certain to have a blown fuse there.

If you do not, then wiring aside you would be looking at the ETACS module (big box attached to the back of the in dash fuse panel) which is what controls both signals and hazards... it is the only thing that would cause both to stop working, fuses and wiring aside.

More than likely you blew an IOD fuse though.