Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

This is ***** *****, I have an electrical issue with a

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, this is ***** *****, I have an electrical issue with a Shogun GDI 3.5
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i was driving, stopped to put the car in reverse, when i did the engine cut. since then when the ignition is in the off position the central locking doesn't work. also the trip meter zeros every time the ignition is switched off electric windows also don't wind when ignitio is totally off
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mitsubishi Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: just to clarify, do you only answer my question if i pay? how do i pay?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 11 months ago.

Go to the under bonnet fuse panel and take the cover off. Do you see 1-2 fuses that are held captive inside a plastic fuse holder?
If so, pull the fuse holder out (firm upward pressure while wobbling it) and then remove the fuses from the holder and inspect them... are either blown?

If you do not have the captive fuse holder, do you have a test light you can use to check power to each fuse at the under bonnet fuse panel?

Expert:  Doug replied 11 months ago.

It looks like we missed each other; make that inspection for the IOD fuses in the plastic holder... you are nearly certain to have one blown. If you do not have the plastic fuse holder, use a test light to go over all of the fuses.... one of your ETACS fuses is popped, as these control the memory functions (like trip meter) and wireless locking (no power locks without the ignition on) etc. It is pretty much certain you lost one of these fuses.