peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I have a 2002 Mitsubishi eclipse GS. It wont shift into

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Mitsubishi eclipse GS. It wont shift into drive. it has days when it will work, but that lasts only that day. It moves in reverse just fine, shifts normal until neutral. I am convinced it is a sensor in front of the transmission (automatic shifting sensor I think it is called), when I had some friends look at it, they took out the sensor, cleaned it, and it moved. Just want to make sure what it is actually called and if that will actually solve the issue.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

It is possible this is a sensor or solenoid issue on the transmission causing this here.Have you had the fault codes checked at all to see if any codes are set and if so what codes were set with this issue here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Would I go to a transmission shop or some place like auto zone? Either way, I can't do much with it not moving now

I apologize for the delay.

Auto Zone can read the codes for you but wont be able to do any diagnosing.It is best to have a transmission repair facility look into this issue here or a dealer as they will be able to read out the codes and do the diagnosis and repair if needed.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete