Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  30+ years practical experience in all types of repair and trouble shooting on Mitu's
2947720

How much does it cost to fix a head gasket 2000 mit mantero

Customer Question

how much does it cost to fix a head gasket 2000 mit mantero sports
could the gasket leak on the alternated
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

The head gasket could leak on the alternator if that is where the leak is at.

.

Does it need both head gaskets or just one?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

I see, thanks.

.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

The gasket itself is $75, (factory part) but you can normally get a head set, (gaskets including manifold gaskets and other gaskets that are needed) for about $150 after market.

.

The labor is 8.5 hours, so about $650. Plus any shop fees and taxes. Most likely about $800 all total. Without any machine work that the head may need, (checking or milling) which adds another $125 or so. Thanks again and Happy Holidays to you.

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Really?