Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

It appears my hood release rod is missing (2007 Mitsubishi

Customer Question

it appears my hood release rod is missing (2007 Mitsubishi Raider) and may have broken off. Besides the release rod, what other parts may I need for repair such as what the release rod attaches to?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 11 months ago.

When you pull the release under the dash the hood still pops right, it is just the under hood release that is either floppy or missing entirely, and you have to reach your whole arm up there to release it?

Expert:  Doug replied 11 months ago.

It looks like we missed each other.

As long as the hood is popping normally (no problem with the cable or release on either end), you are going to need the release bar primarily, and if the green clip is missing from the latch you will need a latch.

Originally these release bars used to come with the green retaining clip, however the last several that I had to order did not, and I had to order a latch to receive the clip as well.

Before ordering anything open the hood all the way by reaching up under and manually pulling the latch lever over. Then with the hood opened see if the green retaining clip is on the latch still. If it is, then all you need to order is the release bar (and be sure to check in the bumper in case it is laying in there... sometimes they wind up falling off but staying inside the vehicle and can be reinstalled.