Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

Can you give me the temporary immobilizer code serial number

Customer Question

Customer: Good evening, can you give me the temporary immobilizer code for ECU serial number A4122A32.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Customers 2004 Galant with a no start condition and a flashing green key on the cluster. I was told the car had been sitting for "a while". I was given what appears to be the original Mitsubishi key.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mitsubishi Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mitsubishi
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Also, what is the procedure for entering the code? Is it done using the brake pedal?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Doug replied 11 months ago.

I apologize for the delay.

Unfortunately there is no over ride available for this vehicle. The immobilizer over ride was never available for the final generation Galant, 2003 was the last year it had this option.

The immobilizer over ride was phased out in 2003-2004, and the Galant was one of the models that ended in 2003.

If you are having an issue like you describe with the green key silhouette light coming on, unless you have access to a second key to try (the keys failing/skewing their signal is the primary problem on these cars) you will need to get the vehicle towed to a dealer for for reprogramming. Unfortunately there is no way around this on this model/year.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
now the light only flashes about 4-5 times then goes away... but no fuel or spark
Expert:  Doug replied 11 months ago.

By design when there is a immobilizer mismatch it will ground the fuel injector drivers to prevent fuel pulse. However if the vehicle is continually attempted to be started it will shut down the ignition drivers killing the spark as well.

The only other thing that will kill spark and injector pulse while the PCM is otherwise operating normally is the crank sensor... you could check the crank sensor operation manually or via scan tool to rule it out, however if the crank sensor were at fault the immobilizer light would not be turning on. It only comes on when there is a malfunction in the system.