Randall
Randall, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, 32 years, diagnostic/repair/ electrical specialist
13677702

How do I replace the interior driver's door pull handle on a

Customer Question

How do I replace the interior driver's door pull handle on a 2009 Spyder Eclipse? I see the top and bottom bolts holding it to the door but is that it? Someone told me I have to take the door panel off because there is a clip inside the door.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

hello, yes, the door panel need to be removed, No step by stpe repair information other than following the numbers in the links I have included, You need to remove the panel so you can get to the 2 cables that attach to the inside door handle, They are kind of clipped to the handle, I can not remember each and every one so you do remove the door panel, screws for the handle then unclip the 2 latch cables, here are a couple pics links

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just to be sure. I don't want to replace the door latch handle. I'm replacing the inside pull used to pull the door shut.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

misundersood, you are referring to the grab handle NOT the inside door handle so it is only bolted to the door /panel etc to change it, I think the other person was thinking like me as far as the inside door handle

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
FYI there are two screws on the inside of the door panel that hold the pull to the door as well as the two bolts. You do have to remove the door panel to get to them.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry, they did not show in diagrams at all and cant remember all of them, but I hope my dorrt trim diagram helped, Tricky not being there and some interior trim is different depending on the exact model and trim package, Glad you got it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Randall I don't know if you want me to rate your answer. It was incorrect and I had to figure it out myself. I will if you want me to.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

ok, no problem, just let it go, glad you got it fixed. no need to rate. I will have the post closed