Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

Loss of power and code p0301 and p0441. What is the source

Customer Question

Customer: Loss of power and code p0301 and p0441. What is the source problem? Stuck valve?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2003 eclipse,4 cylinder. Starts. When trying to move - no power. Have valve cover off. No broken springs. No obvious reason yet.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mitsubishi Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

P0441 is just an evaporative fault and likely unrelated to your issues. P0301 as you know is a misfire on cylinder one;

If you swap the spark plug from cylinder 1 with cylinder 3 does the misfire move?

Have you tried a different plug wire for cylinder 1?

Do you have access to a compression tester?