Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

I just put new 1620 battery in fob 2009, fob doesnt work now

Customer Question

Customer: i just put new 1620 battery in fob for eclipse 2009, fob doesnt work now ??
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I thought fob needed new battery, replaced it. now fob doesnt work to lock car 2009 eclipse
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mitsubishi Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes, now see immobilizer note in manual
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

It is possible sometimes for these remotes to lose memory when the battery is replaced requiring reprogramming, however it usually only occurs I'd the old battery is extremely weak... If the old battery was still working out is less likely.

The easy way to tell if this happened is by looking at the red light on the remote, as this is an indicator of if the problem is related to they new battery or the key itself.... If the remote worked with the old battery and not the new battery and the light works, odds are they memory wad lost. If the remote did not work before and the light does work, then it is possible the actual remote is at fault.

If however the light does not work, then we would suspect the new battery may be bad (happens more than you would expect) or there is a contact issue with the battery installation (upside down, metal tabs bent, etc).

So with all that said, does the light on the key remote work?

Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

It looks like we missed each other; if you need further help with this I will be here for several hours yet tonight, just let me know how I can help.