Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

I have a 2004 Mitsubishi Outlander and the glove box (on the

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Mitsubishi Outlander and the glove box (on the dash) latch is broken. Can I replace JUST the latch or do I need to replace the entire glove box?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

If just the latch itself is broken (the most common failure), you can get just the latch/handle portion. It is attached from the back side with a few torx screws. For a 2004 Outlander the replacement latch is part number MR639803 for dark gray or MR979806 for medium gray.
The only reason you would have to replace the entire glove box door would be if someone pried on it to get it open and damaged either the door or the mounting holes where the latch attaches. If there is no physical damage to the door, just get a replacement latch handle and you will be good to go!