Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

I have a 2003 Montero Limited with barely any heat, front or

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Montero Limited with barely any heat, front or rear. It gets colder if you are on the highway.
Category: Mitsubishi
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Things I have done:
Flushed cooling system.
Bled the cooling system.
Installed a genuine Mitsubishi thermostat
Checked operation of the door on the heater core housing.
It will blow hot once the engine is up to temp when you first turn on the heat. Within seconds it starts cooling down. Especially if you are driving highway speeds.
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Does the engine run at a good operating temperature? (186f to 206f)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It runs at the proper temp. I have a OBDii device that I keep plugged in and my temps are always between 199 - 204. Gauge is dead in the middle.
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

I see, thanks. Can you take the heater hoses off and run a garden hose through the heater core and possibly blow air through it as well? It sounds like it could be getting restricted.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took it to the shop specifically for them to flush it out. They told me that the rear heater core had some blockage, but was able to flush both cores. However, I have absolutely no heat in the rear. The front comes and goes. The problem is that I have no idea how the plumbing works on this vehicle. I can't find any diagram or information regarding heater hose flow.
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

I see, thanks. I don't seem to have that info either on it, but wait there may be another expert who has more. I will opt out and open it back up. Please DON’T REPLY to this post as that will lock the question back to me, also DON’T RATE THE ANSWER yet, someone should be along shortly, I’m sure, thanks and sorry I wasn’t able to help with it.