Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

I replace my netarl saft sincere and my car won't start and

Customer Question

I replace my netarl saft sincere and my car won't start and it states in nuetarl
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

Just so I am understanding right, you replaced the neutral safety switch, but now the car won't start in Park but it does start in Neutral?

If this is the case, it is most likely that the switch was not adjusted properly. You will need to loosen both the cable nut and the two mounting bolts on the switch, then with the key on and in Park, adjust the cable and switch until you are able to start only in Park and Neutral, then lock down the fasteners.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I put in drive it show that its in neutral and when I put it over to the four speed it only show that its there gear
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

As long as the gear indication is skewed, it is still an adjustment issue. You need to loosen the adjusting bolts/nut as described before and adjust it into proper position. This is easiest to do with the shifter in neutral, then adjust the switch until it shows neutral, then tighten down.