Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

I have a 2008 Mitsubishi 4 door radier when was driving fine

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Mitsubishi 4 door radier when was driving fine stoped got back in will not tourn on. All lights come on and key ding is on. Charged battery is fine. The battery is dead on the clicker to lock and unlock the car.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

You aren't seeing any new/unusual lights on the dash that you don't normally see are you?
Nothing unusual has happened to the key (like the buttons fell out etc)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the battery is out on the clicker. It does feel a little loose when you put the key in the ignition.
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. The battery in the remote shouldn't be an issue.
When you turn the key with the headlights on, do the lights dim (or the dome light if the doors are open)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The lights did not dim.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ingnition where you insert the key feels loose
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

Thanks.

The key feeling loose is not too unusual on this model as the cylinders are very prone to wear, however it does not usually affect starting ability. If you turn the key hard to Start and continue holding firm pressure is there any change in the condition?
If you turn the radio on and do this, does the radio go silent while holding it like that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No change the radio goes quiet
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

Thanks.
If the radio goes quiet, then it is most likely that the ignition switch is working... it cuts power to the radio during cranking.

So knowing that... do you have a test light or a volt meter we can use to check for power on the starter signal wire (the small wire) while the key is turned to Start?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

No problem.
Our concern with that is trying to see if the signal is reaching the starter or not, as it appears the signal is exiting the ignition switch.

Is this a manual or automatic transmission model? If automatic, have you tried putting the shifter into Neutral and turning the key?