Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

1992 mitshibishi eclispe 2.0lt non turbo no spark even with

Customer Question

1992 mitshibishi eclispe 2.0lt non turbo no spark even with new coil pack on any plugs ran fine died on the way to work cant get it started since have fuel just no spark
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

With no spark but having a new coil I would be most suspicious of a fuse failure first and foremost. I would want to go over all of the fuses to make sure none popped, and use a meter to check for voltage at the coil pack with the key on.

If you have voltage there and no fuses are blown, then the crank angle sensor would be your #1 suspect, as it directly controls the spark and is somewhat common to fail. It is also important to make sure the timing belt is intact, as a broken timing belt will have the same impact (causing the crank sensor to not work).

After that only the ecu would be left as a suspect, but that is highly unlikely. It is more likely that the crank sensor failed or belt broke etc.