Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

I have a 1991 Mitsubishi Pajero v6 3000. It will not start.

Customer Question

Hi Doug I have a 1991 Mitsubishi Pajero v6 3000. It will not start. I have changed batteries and the fuse on the top of the battery. I hear clicking under the hood when I turn it on to start. It cranks over very good. I had someone listen at the gas fill spout to hear the fuel pump when I turned on the ignition but he did not hear anything until I stopped turning it over and then he heard a fuel pump noise. What can I do next?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

Can you verify if there is spark while cranking?

Are you able to test the fuel pressure, or if you don't have a test gauge are you comfortable unhooking the fuel line from the rail and seeing how much pressure/force is behind the fuel while cranking (for example it comes out like a fire hose or comes out like a garden hose/faucet)?