Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

I need a video on how to change out the turn indicator

Customer Question

I need a video on how to change out the turn indicator switch on a 2002 Mitsubishi Mirage
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

The steering wheel does not need to be removed to replace the indicator switch on this model. I do not have a video however I think I have a pretty good illustration of the process that should help.

Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

You need to first remove the three philips screws on the bottom of the column. Once these are removed you can pop the top and bottom halves apart from each other to expose the column.

Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

Once the column covers are exposed you will have access to the turn signal switch; there are two philips screws holding it on, remove those and the switch slides straight out. Slide the new one in to install, and if it has the same screw set up as you removed, install the screws to hold it in, then reassemble the column.

Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

There are a few companies that make replacement switches for these that will no longer use the mounting screws... they instead have lock levers that snap into place. These are fine if you get one of these, just make sure it snaps all the way into position and works normally before final assembly.

Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

If you need further help with this I will in and out throughout the day, just let me know if I can assist.