Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

My car was broken in and stolen. The book with the code

Customer Question

My car was broken in and stolen. The book with the code for the radio was stolen. 4179-57-36-07/09245 11-07-15
¬ X |PERSONAL INJURY PROTECTION BENEFITS/PROPERTY DAMAGE LIABILITY
¬ X |BODILY INJURY LIABILITY
Named Insur e d : Carolyn T Leon
Year Make Model Vehicle ID No.
2001 MTSBSHI MONTEROLTD JA4MW51R41J015827
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

Is the the radio code that you need then, or do you have other concerns as well?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need the radio code.
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

Thanks.
In order to get a code for you I will need a bit of information from the radio itself. Is the truck currently present?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, my son has the truck.
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

I understand.
What we will need to do is either get him to retrieve this information, or if you will have the truck for example later this evening then we can re-group and get the information then. I can not create an unlock code without the information from the radio.

Looking at the radio area, there is a large surround panel that goes around the radio, the AC and the display. At the top of the panel above the display there are two philips screws that need to be removed. Then the entire panel will pop off with some gentle pulling/prying, the rest just snaps into place.
With the panel removed the radio chassis will be exposed, and on the top of the chassis will be a white sticker that reads SERIAL NO.:_________. I need that number exactly as it appears to create an unlock code.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just spoke with my son, he at work and not able to get to the car. Can you contact and work with him tomorrow morning? His number is(###) ###-#### After he receives the code, contact me with the remaining balance to pay. Thanking you in advance.Carolyn Leon(###) ###-####
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Carolyn. Due to the way scheduling works here and of course on his end as well, the best course of action would be to forward that information regarding the serial number location to him now/tonight, and then when he is able to get the number send it back to you to post here so we keep a record of it too. Then when I am in I can get the information you need to unlock it. There is no time limit here or anything, so no worries on that front.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, thank you. I will do that. Till tomorrow.
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome!