Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

My eclipse won't turn over its a 2003 it was working fine

Customer Question

Hey my eclipse won't turn over its a 2003 it was working fine but I got into it this after noon and now nothing it does nothing when I put the key in and turn it
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Do you have power to anything else? Headlights, radio, etc...

Which engine do you have?

Automatic or manual?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No power to radio it's auto and I believe it's a 2.4 cyndler
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

No radio, but you do have power to the headlights?

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

If you do have power to some items, but not all then it's most likely an ignition switch problem. If you have a multi-meter you could check the ignition switch as follows:

---Check the voltages at the ignition switch, the White/Red is battery voltage all the time. In the start position the Black/Red wire should have B+ power.

If you don't have power to anything then it is most likely a battery issue. Make sure your battery is at a good charge level and the connections are tight.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure I had to run out won't be back till around 840 pm est time to check it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does it make a big difference? If they do or don't?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can it be just a loose wire after I slammed the hood b4 I got a little turn out of it I'm pretty sure the battery is fine it's fairly new
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

It's a good possibility that the battery cable being loose is causing the problem. You shouldn't be able to turn the cables by hand. If you can, corrosion is building up inside the terminal and will reduce the voltage flow. I suggest taking the cable off, cleaning it thoroughly and then put it back on tight.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you need any additional information. Also, don't forget to give a positive rating (that's how we experts get paid).

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to check in and see if you needed any additional info. I would appreciate a positive rating if I have been of assistance. Thanks!

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to see if you need more help. Please don't forget to rate.