Jake
Jake, Automotive Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have an 2003 Mits Montero, what is the cost to fix my ac

Customer Question

I have an 2003 Mits Montero, what is the cost to fix my ac which just stopped working and how do I go about asking the mechanic to check everything within the engine/transmission area. Its running kind of rough and I'm not sure how to pinpoint any specific issue. Also what does it cost to repair suspention/ struts?
Thanks,
Yvette
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

Yvette, good afternoon.

In regards ***** ***** A/C not working, it primarily depends on the cause before a cost can be determined. It could be something simply like a low refrigerant level causing the pressure switch to prevent compressor operation. Something like this would be as simple as evacuating the system, holding a vacuum to check for leaks, and refiling if there is no leaks. This could be a $150 repair. Worst case scenario the compressor/evaporator could be bad or leaking internally cost several hundred dollars to repair. More commonly than not though a refrigerant leak is all it is.

To address the running run just present the symptoms to the mechanic and allow him to look for any fault codes and test drive it himself to replicate the symptoms. Running rough can be caused a series of different things on these trucks.

The strut replacement is pretty straight forward on these trucks and only requires about 3 hours labor. Depending on what struts/shocks you purchase for replacement will essentially determine the cost factor. An aftermarket strut/shock on these trucks ranges from $30 to $100 a piece.

Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

Just checking to see how you made out.

If you need further help let me know please.