peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I have a 2001 eclipse spyder gs 2.4 4g64 engine. I just

Customer Question

I have a 2001 eclipse spyder gs 2.4 4g64 engine. I just bought the car it ha a ticking noise coming from the passenger side of the engine under load so I replace the lash adjusters and it's a little quieter but still ticks pretty back at around 2 or 3 thousand rpms?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases this can be caused by an issue with carbon build up on the valves in the cylinder head with the carbon needing cleaned.If this has not been cleaned or checked this should be done to see if for sure this is the cause here.I would also check for sludge build up in the oil system and engine as this will restrict oil flow causing this fault as well needing cleaned.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok,I put sea foam in the gas ,sludge remover in the oil and then changed it with synthetic oil and new filter. I also pulled the plugs and let sea foam soak in the cylinders then turned it over a few time after sitting for a couple I hours . changed the oil last. still ticking?

O.k.,this may be an issue with worn cam shaft lobes.I have seen these wear before and cause slack that will cause the ticking noise you hear.If this was not inspected this should be done to see if this is an issue here.

Thanks Pete