peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I have a 2001 mitsubishi eclypse spyder v6. My ac is blowing

Customer Question

Hello I have a 2001 mitsubishi eclypse spyder v6. My ac is blowing warm air into the car. I have had the compressor replaced, the expansion valve replaced and the condensor replaced. It works for about 6 hours after each replacement then goes back to warm are. What am I missing.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This may be due to a fault with the temp actuator itself not switching from warm to cold air.I have seen these actuators fail before in the past needing replaced to correct a fault like this here.If this has not been checked/tested at all this needs done and if found to be at fault it will need replaced.I may be able to walk you through some of this testing for this if you have a multi meter to test with,if not this will need tested by someone that does or a repair facility to see if this is the cause here.If this was already checked or already replaced and did not correct this let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do have a multi-meter and this has not been mentioned by any of the three mechanics I have been to. So I am interested to see if this might be our guilty part.

Do you hear any clicking or clunk noises in the heater box/ac area itself when trying to go from hot to cold or cold to hot at all or does the control on the dash feel like it is binding when going from cold to hot or hot to cold?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is not binding. I do hear a clunk when I switch from cold to hot and hot back to cold.

O.k.,with this clunk do you feel any difference in air temperature or flow when switching from hot to cold at all?