Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

I have a 2002 mitisubishi galant and the ac blower does not

Customer Question

I have a 2002 mitisubishi galant and the ac blower does not work. why
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

Your primary suspects to lose the blower motor are going to be the motor itself, the resistor, the fuse and the relay (in order of likelihood).

Do you have any test equipment (a multi meter or a test light)?

If you reach under the passenger side of the dash to the blower motor and give it a few firm thumps while the switch is on High, does the fan spin at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will check this. Another problem is that the ANTI- lock brake light stays on but the brakes work fine. What causes the light to stay on.
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

The main reason we usually see the anti lock light come on is for wheel speed sensors on this car. These have a very thin delicate wire on them that is very easily damaged by accident (minor debris in the road etc). As these cars get older they are becoming more frequent to see the sensor wires failing.
Does the light ever go out or is it always on (never flicks off intermittently while driving etc)?
You aren't experiencing any unusual behavior like weird noises when braking (that don't affect operation but sound funny like hums or clicking etc)?

Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

Depending on your comfort level, there is a way we can usually extract the ABS trouble codes from the car without a scan tool by shorting a couple pins together under the dash.

Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

I ill be in and out throughout the day today; if/when you are ready to pick up just let me know and I will get with you as soon as I can.

Thanks