Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

I live in Oklahoma state, Lawton city. I have Mitsubishi

Customer Question

Hello there, I'm Saud and I live in Oklahoma state, Lawton city.
I have Mitsubishi Outlander 2006 gray color without Sunroof, and I'd like to install automatic new Sunroof?
Is that possible?
and how mush it cost?
If yes, witch is the nearest garage to my home can install new sunroof?
Could you help me with this answers please. Thanks.
Very Respectfully.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

Installing a factory sunroof is not possible... at least not realistically possible. The roof skin on the factory sunroof equipped cars is shaped differently to accommodate the sunroof and can not be modified to accept the sunroof. To put one in you would have to re-skin the entire roof panel which would be extremely cost prohibitive even using used parts.

You can get aftermarket sunroofs if you really want one, however most people are usually dissatisfied with this option; the aftermarket units are universal in nature and their fit and finish is not very attractive to some people.
Never the less, aftermarket sunroof kits start around $150 for non-power units and power units start around $450. The price does scale slightly based on the dimensions of the glass and the brand of the kit.
Installation requires of course cutting a hole in the roof and running new wiring for the roof; anticipate $300-500 in labor depending on the shops labor rate.

The best place to get one of these installed is a custom audio installation shop.... places that do custom/professional radio installations (not Best Buy) or an interior custom shop (places that do leather interiors, boat tops, etc).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

I am currently unavailable for phone service, however if you can tell me what else I can do for you I can attempt to assist you further.