Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

I recently got a 2014 lancer GLS when I start the doors 't

Customer Question

Hi
I recently got a 2014 lancer GLS when I start the doors don't lock how can I get feature.
Also what Bluetooth kit do I need for it
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

Mitsubishi vehicles do not have a built in auto-lock function unfortunately. The dealership can program and auto-unlock, however auto lock is not a capability of the ETACS.
In the Central America market some dealers do have a jumper harness that they sell that will cause an auto lock using a relay to trigger a lock signal when the Reverse signal goes on (so as you pass Reverse with the shifter on your way to Drive it locks the doors), however it of course does not work with manual transmission models.

For a 2014 Lancer you should want kit # ***** to add bluetooth. You must have a pre-wired model with the buttons on the wheel though; if you do not, you can not use the factory bluetooth kit. The kit comes with the bluetooth module, microphone and attaching screws. The microphone just snaps into the dome light (grab and pull to remove, and there will be a wire harness in the head liner for it); the bluetooth module mounts above the glove box; you need to remove the glove box door and backing panel, then it screws in to the bottom of the dash board; there is a harness taped up for it as well.
Note that not all vehicles have bluetooth activated in the ETACS. This has not been as much of an issue since around 2010 and later years are more consistently activated, but if you get one that is not activated the bluetooth buttons will not work. You need to get it to a dealership to have them access the ETACS with the scan tool and select customization and switch the "HFM" option to "Present".

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.will the Bluetooth kit for the 2008 lancer work
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome.

No, that will not work. The system used in 2008-2011 systems is very different from the 2014 system. You need to stick with the correct one to make sure it plugs in and is compatible with your ETACS; In addition the early (08 era) system is phone operation only, whereas your 2014 has streaming capability too. When you order your bluetooth kit the selling dealer should compare the number against your VIN anyway and would (hopefully) not ship if you ordered an 08 one etc.