Anthony
Anthony, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Automobile Technician with over 20 years exp. in this field.
15218643

I have a 2003 Galant. My turn signals suddenly quit working.

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Galant. My turn signals suddenly quit working. The fuses are fine, but the switch does not make a clicking noise.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Anthony replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Does the switch feel not the same when trying the signals?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As in does it feel floppy or what? It doesn't feel floppy. It does not make the clicking noise when I push it up or down.
Expert:  Anthony replied 1 year ago.

Hi!

Sounds like that switch is bad.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just prior to this, I found that the hazard light fuse was missing and I put one in upon discovery. I just went to try see if the switch feels the same and suddenly the turn signal is working fine.
Expert:  Anthony replied 1 year ago.

So you had a missing fuse?

Expert:  Anthony replied 1 year ago.

I was under the assumption you had good fuses and was not trying to mislead you in any way..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know this was referred from Anthony, could you please somehow send this feedback to him.Dear *****,Yes, the hazard fuse somehow disappeared from the fuse box. Perhaps this happened when my husband leaves the car unlocked at the local hiking trail while walking the dog, and someone lifted the hood and "borrowed" a fuse. The hazard fuse disappearing is a mystery. However, I drove the car to the store using the turn signals. The car was secured and all of a sudden no turn signals. The hazard fuse should have no bearing on the turn signals.Maybe it's been missing for days. I do know that about three weeks ago I used the hazard lights. Both turn signal fuses were in there and fine as I indicated at the beginning of my communication to you.I can see getting charged $5.00, but getting charged the additional $13 was ridiculous. My 10 year old son would have better questions and could have guessed that it might be the switch.You merely asked me if the switch did not feel the same, and you gave me the advice that it sounds like a bad switch.I will refrain from using this resource in the future. I gladly would pay for an educated guess from an expert and was excited that this resource existed, even if the symptom disappeared on it's own. I'm very disappointed in your ability to communicate more specific questions. This was very very basic skills and information in my opinion. Definitely not the medium information level that I paid $18 for.