Scott
Scott, Master Mechanic
Experience:  30 yrs experience with Aussie, Japanese & British cars
29644491

Gday mate from rod,I've got a 2007 ns pajero thats showing

Customer Question

gday mate from rod,I've got a 2007 ns pajero thats showing the air bag on the dash,i had a mechanic check it with a scanner!it showed codeB1484, 2DR F/air bag active circuit short!and would not clear!not sure where to go next re this problem!cheers rod
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

Hello Rod .

With this code the issue has to be repaired or replaced and then the Airbag Control unit reset / codes cleared

DTC B1484 (2ND STAGE) DRIVER AIRBAG RESISTANCE CIRCUIT SHORT TO BATTERY DTC DESCRIPTION The Driver Airbag circuit consists of the SRSCM, Clockspring and the Driver Airbag (DAB).

The SRSCM sets above DTC(s) if it detects short to battery line on the DAB circuit. DTC DETECTING CONDITION DTC DETECTING CONDITION CHART DTC Condition B1349 B1484 .

Probable cause Short to battery line between DAB and clockspring

Short to battery line between clockspring and SRSCM

Short to battery line on wiring harness Driver Airbag (DAB) squib

When the problem is repaired the malfunction code will clear ..

Then if needed please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

If i do not get back to you then i may be off line, and when i get back online i will get back to you..

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.

If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .

Kind regards Greg.

Expert:  Scott replied 1 year ago.

Hello Rod,
Not withstanding the code analysis that Greg has provided, a common SRS fault with the NS Pajero is the passenger side side air bag connector located under the seat. They're easily dislodged.
I'm not 100% certain if a side air bag is applicable to a 2007 version though. The clockspring is a common failure point on the Drivers side steering wheel mounted bag, which aligns with Gregs code description.
It's almost certainly a hardware fault, & if you are lucky it will be a dislodged connector..
I hope this helps!
Cheers
Scott