Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

I just picked up my 2015 Lancer yesterday and when I connect

Customer Question

I just picked up my 2015 Lancer yesterday and when I connect my Ipod classic, it starts at track 1 and I cannot access the Ipod menu. My car has the Rockford Fosgate sytem and my Ipod Classic is a later one from 2013. Tom
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

If you have a post-2009 Classic you should have full compatibility, however there are two important things to note about using this (or any Apple device) on this system:
1) The system expects a playlist to operate from. While the iPod does not require it, the Mitsubishi system can sometimes malfunction if there is no playlist.

2) When using Apple devices on this system the device controls are inoperative... it relegates control to the radio buttons only, and you will not have access to the iPod menu while it is operating.

There are compatibility issues on later OS versions as well, however that is less of an issue with iPods as it is with iPhones of course.
You can read more about the operation of the system and see compatibility notes etc on the FUSE site below:
http://mitsubishi-en-us.visteonhandsfree.com/mediaplayers

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The head unit will not show the Ipod menu, playlists,artists,songs ...I was not talking about the controls on the ipod itself. The head unit starts at track 1. Cannot shuffle either.
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

Oh my apologies. In that case check your iPod software version, make sure it is not 8.0 or higher... we have compatibility issues with versions at 8 or higher. If it is below 8.0, try a different device to verify operation of the vehicle system... if you are unable to get a different device to work either, then there is an issue with the HFM in the car and would be covered under your factory warranty. If the other device works, then there is more likely to be an issue with direct compatibility of your iPod.

For what it is worth, having the system start playing but not have interaction beyond that makes it more likely there is an issue with compatibility to your iPod specifically... if the OS version is not the later versions that cause problems, then I would try wiping the device and just putting minimal songs on there and one play list to see if it changes behavior any.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Doug.. I checked my ipod and it was a lower version than 8.0. After reconnecting the Ipod and letting it sit for a few minutes, the menus became active and works fine. Apparently I did not give it enough time to recognize the ipod the first few times.
Thanks.....Tom
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

Hey, that's great news!
I'm glad to hear it straightened out :)