Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

I have a 2003 Outlander. The sport shifter is not working. I

Customer Question

Doug I have a 2003 Outlander. The sport shifter is not working. I removed the center console and there are three wires disconnected from a switch. I am not sure if this is the issue, but I do not know which wire goes to which position. Any clue?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

If the wires are pulled out of the mode switch that will definitely cause your problem. That switch tells the computer when the shifter has moved to the side to engage manual/sport mode so if it is not functional of course it won't know you are trying to go into Sport mode.
The switch is a 6 pin switch, oriented with two pins on the top row having a gap between them, then four pins across the bottom row. The pin numbers is left to right across the top row, then left to right across the bottom row; it is numbered as you hold the connector with the button on TOP and the WIRES facing you, not the pins.

1-Yellow

2-Green/Red

3-Blue/Yellow

4-Red/Black

5-Black/Yellow

6-Blue

If you need further help or see something different from that just let me know.... If necessary we might have to get a photo for me to review if you are seeing something drastically different so I can make sure we are on the same page.