Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

My Eclipse Spider: When I lower the top and raise it again

Customer Question

My Eclipse Spider: When I lower the top and raise it again the electric windows on the passenger side do not operate, How can I fix this?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

I can help you with this.

Before doing anything else, please go to the drivers door and depress the window lock button. This is the square button to the side of the power lock switch. When this button is pressed it shuts down manual operation of the passenger side windows (front and rear), and they will only work with the top automatic operation to go down.

Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

If there is no change in the operation regardless of position of the window lock button, then it is possible that the switch may be failing, but we could try a recalibration first just to be sure ("reset").
It is more likely the window lock button got bumped though... they are very easy to accidentally hit.