Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

I was just on Google to see if there's any answers, I have a

Customer Question

Hi Doug, I was just on Google to see if there's any answers, I have a 2005 Endeavotr and noticed the floor mat on Driver side is soaked...
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

This is a very common issue on these trucks. It is just the driver side that is wet right? The bottom (underside) of the passenger side dash doesn't have any water dripping or anything?

Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

If that is the case, you will want to check out the attached bulletin regarding this matter. It outlines an installation of a drain hose to the bulk head to prevent water from entering the driver side floor any longer.

Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

The basic problem is that the seal between the firewall and the HVAC box deteriorates and allows condensation (and rain water too) to rush back into the car past the seal, resulting in a wet drivers floor.
The correction is instead of pulling the dash etc to rather install a 90 degree hose on to the drain pipe to prevent water from being able to run back in. This requires using a guide hose as the drain pipe is recessed into the firewall, the process is outlined pretty well in the bulletin I attached.