Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  17 years shop owner, 27 year Import technician
29331485

Powerwashed my engine 2001 Mitsubishi galant, V6-3.0 now

Customer Question

powerwashed my engine 2001 Mitsubishi galant, V6-3.0 now engine will not start. I let it dry overnight
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

Should never power wash an engine , just use a engine degreaser spray foam and with a garden hose rise off.

You will have to pull the plug leads as water has ingresses into the plug holes use compressed air to dry the plug holes , most likely full of water .

Then on the ignition pull the cables one by one and check fopr water , use WD 40 spray all over the ignition this

will dispel all water, spray on all the sensor wiring harness pull all the electrical connectors and spray WD40 .

Disconnect the battery before doing this .

When done reconnect all parts you have disconnected and sprayed then reconnect and then the battery and try and start .

Then if needed please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.

If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .

Kind regards Greg.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
could the water have destroyed the coil, it is inside of the distributor, do the plugs need to be replaced?
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

Open distributor most likely have water in there also . in most cases just need to dry

out, not seen one fail due to water ,you are not the only one to do this so don't feel bad about it .

Just make sure you get all connections opened and checked .

When dry and still will not start check at the spark plugs to see if you are getting a spark when

cranking the engine .

Rgds Greg