Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

I was putting on an aftermarket steering wheel to my 2002

Customer Question

I was putting on an aftermarket steering wheel to my 2002 eclipse and everything worked out fine. I wanted to fix the wheel so it was straight but while i was fixing it I didn't disconnect the battery. When I went to turn on my car i lost all power. I thought it was because of the wheel so I put the original back but nothing happened, I had no power still. I thought it was the battery so i got it checked and they recharged it because it did need it but when I put it back in my car I tried to turn it on and again I turned the key and lost all power. What should I do?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

If -all- power was lost, then you would want to go under the hood again and check our your fusible links in the main fuse box AND check the battery terminal and its fusible link. You will find something failed in those areas, as those are the only locations you would expect the entire vehicle to lose power from.

If however you only lost ignition power (the headlights work etc, just turning the key on does not deliver power), then you would still want to check your under hood fusible links for the ignition link being blown, but also you would want to double check your ignition switch wiring and make sure that you did not cut/chaff/pinch the wiring to the ignition switch.