Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

100a fuses of my Mitsubishi montero sport 2000 blow. I

Customer Question

100a fuses of my Mitsubishi montero sport 2000 blow. I replace a new alternator but it continu to brun. What is the problems
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
The 100A link powers not just the alternator but also a large number of internal devices on the car as well. If you have isolated the alternator entirely (disconnected cable, ruling out any short in the cable in addition to potentially having a new-bad alternator), then you will need to proceed with sub-circuit inspections.
The 100A link feeds three lower links as well, links 6, 7 and 8 (40A, 30A and 30A respectively). The first two power the majority of the interior, the last the air conditioner.
Pull these links out and see if your 100A still burns... if it does, then you still have a problem with the alternator or the cable to the alternator. If it does not, reinstall one link at a time to determine which is causing the short then further investigate its sub circuits (all interior for the most part)