Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

My infinity radio says off I already have my code how can I

Customer Question

My infinity radio says off I already have my code how can I get it to say code again?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

This is a very easy fix, but it is a little time consuming.

The radio needs to be left in an "on" state for about one hour before the message will clear. This means leaving the key either in ON or ACC position, and the radio on so that "oFF" is displayed on the screen.
Between 50-70 minutes the display will go blank. When this happens the radio has reset. You can then push the power knob again and "codE" will be displayed for three more tries.
While waiting for the time to pass, you can -not- touch any buttons on the radio or cycle the key off. If you do, the timer resets and you have to wait an hour again.
If you are concerned about the battery lasting, you can hook up a charger while you wait, you can leave the engine running, or you can even drive around while you wait that is fine too. Just remember no touching the radio buttons or cycling the key until the display goes blank, else you reset the timer for another hour.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you bud I'll give it a try
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
No problem at all. If you need further help, or you would like to verify your code or anything like that just let me know. I will be here for another 1-2 hours yet tonight.