Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

2002 lancer wont start, clicking coming from fuse box under

Customer Question

2002 lancer wont start, clicking coming from fuse box under hood. clicking stops when battery disconnected, but when connected I get no crank at all. any ideas?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
This behavior is usually typical of the battery being worn down. When the battery hits a certain level the front ecu in the fuse panel will start flipping out and clicking and you will get no response from trying to start the engine.
Before doing anything else I would try getting a set of jumper cables on the car to another vehicle to supplement the power to the battery, or take the battery out and bring it to a repair shop that can perform an amp-load test on it and see what the reserve amperage is.