Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

I have an early 2004 Endevour. The 30a fuse that controls

Customer Question

I have an early 2004 Endevour. The 30a fuse that controls the power windows and radio keeps blowing. The mechanic I had taken it to disconnected the power windows and radio and the fuse keeps blowing. Any ideas?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
Is there anything modified with the electronics at all? Aftermarket radio, GPS, anything like that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.
When the power windows were disabled, where were they unhooked? On the motors themselves?
How long does it take the fuse to blow, and if it is not instantly is there anything you can associate with what is happening when it pops?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The motors were unhooked; the fuse blows instantly.
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.
Would you be comfortable re-doing some of those tests?
Specifically I am most interested in going to the drivers kick panel, locating the main door harness above/behind it (you will see it lined up to where the rubber grommet is located in the door jam) and unplugging it then checking the short.
If there is still a short I will want to follow up with the other three doors as well, then pull the radio. I want to focus on just the drivers door main harness first though, as there is a specific issue involved there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would have to wait until tomorrow to redo those and let you know
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
We can leave this open until then if you like, since we do have a few things to check yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome.