Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

I have a 2002 Mitsubishi Diamante V6, 3.5. I have serviced

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Mitsubishi Diamante V6, 3.5. I have serviced the engine but the "service engine soon" light is still on. How can I get this light turned off?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
The Service Engine Soon light is not an indication of maintenance required, but rather of malfunction in the engine controls. It is the Asian equivalent to the "Check Engine" light on American cars.
Do you have access to either a code reader or an auto parts store nearby that you can get the car to for a free scan (not to buy any parts, just get the code numbers for me)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That will take me a couple days. The car is at my home in the country. I'll get back with you. Thanks
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
Let me know what you find and we will get to the bottom of it. Please do not buy any parts until then, as this model has a lot of quirks regarding different parts.
Just post back here when you are ready and I will get back with you as soon as I see it.
No need to reply to this until you are ready.