Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

How do you get wiper motor and linkage off a 2001 Eclipse,

Customer Question

how do you get wiper motor and linkage off a 2001 Eclipse, does not come out without hitting windshield
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
Do you have the plastic cowl removed entirely and the bolts out from the center and drivers end of the linkage too?
The motor/linkage is a VERY tight fit out of there past the glass, requiring some delicate rotations/sliding etc to clear the glass... but it is not impossible.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes tried everything will not clear windshield no matter how you try to move it
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
Yeah it really does stink... I hate having to change them out as I have nicked a windshield or two myself doing these. Take a break from it if necessary and take a fresh look at it afterward... I am not kidding about how close it is, there is definite contact through removal, you just have to slide and twist until you get just the right angle.
If you really can not get it and you don't have an experienced dealer you can have slip it out (the odds of finding a shop other that a dealer that had ever done one of these are very small), then your only alternative is to pull the glass out. Most windshield repair places will pull the windshield for $20-30 in my area and again to reinstall and will come to you. I would persist though... It is ridiculously difficult but can be done without glass removal. No special tricks or hidden ways out though, just persistence.