Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

Mitsubishi Montero Sport LS: so my AC was running and it just

Customer Question

so my AC was running and it just stopped out of no where and it turned back on for a lil then turned off and wont turn back on. I first checked the fuses and there still good.So i got a new fan blower and resistor and installed them and still wont turn on.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
Is the problem that the interior fan is not working only? If so, is there 12V on the -blue- wire to the fan while the key is on (fan switch position is irrelevant for this test)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fan won't turn on at all. Whether it's AC or heater.. Whats 12v on the blue wire?
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
Where you changed the blower fan, there was a two wire connector plugged into the fan. It had a blue wire and a black/white striped wire.
Do you have the ability to test for voltage on that blue wire (DC test meter, etc)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have the ability to check voltage and also the wires are connected to a plastic plugin so I just plug it into the fan motor blower.
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
I understand.
In order to go further you really need the ability to test for voltage.
We already know the fan and resistor are new, so that rules out a lot of options... you basically just have either a switch or ground problem IF there was power at the blower, or a fuse/relay problem IF there was no power. Wiring damage aside (highly unlikely), those are all that is left.
I would go back and double check the 30A fusible link in the under hood fuse panel, it is the rear one on the row of 3 links. This is the power source for the AC blower motor.
If it is definitely good (Swapping with another would be a good idea, as they are common to burn out but look ok), I would then suspect the blower relay which is SUPER common to fail on these (and often blows out the link too). The blower relay is also in the under hood fuse box, and it is the very front most relay in the box. There should be another relay of the same design in there you can swap for testing as well.
You are nearly certain to have an issue with one of the two, however if not you will have to either get it to a shop for proper testing or borrow a test meter (if familiar with their operation) for some actual testing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thyanxs
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome, good luck!