Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

Mitsubishi Gallant: We have a customer with a 2009 Mit Gallant

Customer Question

We have a customer with a 2009 Mit Gallant who drove to our shop to have a courtesy check. The mileage is 149,000. When my husband connected our snap on scanner to the vehicle there was no communication. From that point forward, the vehicle will not crank. We have used the scanner to check 100's of vehicles since and have had no problems with it. Do you have any idea what could have happened.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
Hi, If you check for voltage with a meter at the OBD connector, is there 12V on pin 16?When you turn the key to On, does the Service Engine Soon light still do a bulb test?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you send us info about the location of pin 16?
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
On the OBD connector there are two rows of 8 pins each; pin 16 will be on the narrower row pins on the side with the alignment pin. The wire behind it will be Red with a Black stripe.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My husband is the one who it would be better to talk to. He will not be available for 30 minutes.
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
Not a problem. Just post back here when it is more convenient. This question can remain open and when you/he posts back I will be notified and will return as soon as possible.