Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

Mitsubishi Galant ES: 2002 GALANT, WHERE IS DRAIN PLUG FOR

Customer Question

2002 GALANT, WHERE IS DRAIN PLUG FOR AC?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
Are you referring to the drain hose, where the condensation exits the dash? Or an actual drain for the AC refrigerant?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Drain water hose
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.
I apologize for the delay, I had to locate some photos I had taken to help show the location.
The drain for the AC is on the driver side of the firewall about 3/4 of the way down. It is only accessible from above.... it is too hard to reach from below.
To access it you will need to remove the intake duct by loosening the two 10mm hose clamps between the air filter and the throttle body and then setting the duct aside.
Then looking down the firewall you will see a black insulation hanging there with a ~4" corner protruding like shown:

Note I have lifted up the corner of the insulation to help show it in this picture. Also note that this is a V6 shown.... on your four cylinder the aluminum mount in the picture will be steel and you will have more room to work there.
Take the corner of the insulation and fold it up and tuck it underneath the pipes on the firewall to get it out of the way temporarily. Once tucked up out of the way you will see the drain hose sticking through the firewall like below:

Again the same applies there... you will have a little more room to work on the four cylinder, and the aluminum mount in the picture will be black steel on your car.
If you need further help just let me know by replying back here.