Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

Mitsubishi glxr: doug just wondering if you could help me

Customer Question

Hi doug just wondering if you could help me out over the last couple days every time i take my foot of the accelerator i hear a rattle noise its coming from under neath the car somwhere i own and 2013 glxr triton
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
Is it something you hear at idle too, or only when decelerating with your foot off the accelerator?
Is this a manual transmission?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No i dont hear it at idle only when taking foot of accelerator and its a manual transmission
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.
Please reproduce the problem, but as you are decelerating and the noise is occurring, slightly apply the clutch pedal... does the noise change or even go away as you apply more pedal?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As i apply to accelerator it goes away it doesnt do it when changing gears or with clutch in its just when taking foot of accelerator
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
Right, my question though is when you take your foot off the accelerator and the noise occurs, if you slightly apply the clutch pedal does the noise change/silence?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it doesnt change it still makes the noise
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But also noticed it only does it for a few seconds and stops itself or if i apply the accelerator
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
Hmm, that is not what I expected. So essentially if you free up the drive train it still makes the noise.
Do you have a rubber mallet or block of wood you can use to tap on the exhaust, specifically on the catalyst and surrounding heat shields to see if you can reproduce a similar noise while parked?
Have you noticed any favoring of turns or anything else that can influence the noise?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ill have a go at doing that cheers ***** ***** help and if i cant find anything ill get back to you thanks again mate
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
No problem, if you find anything interesting or nothing at all and would like to talk more about it, just let me know.